Long Term Relief with Massage
Massage therapy can help you relax and feel better while effectively addressing many elements of your pain. The effects of massage are cumulative and for the best results you may wish to receive a series of massages. In addition, follow-up massage in times of stress can help keep old pain from flaring up. In fact, you may find massage so beneficial and pleasurable that you make it a regular part of your life.
The Benefits of Massage
Current research is beginning to validate what most clients already know about massage therapy: it can help ease or prevent many common ailments that are often treated with prescription drugs and/or hospitalization. Massage therapy is based on the ability of the body to naturally heal itself.
Massage has been shown to:
• Decrease stress
• Increase circulation
• Release muscle tightness
• Improve joint range of motion and flexibility
• Release endorphins
• Diminish aches and pains
• Reduce anxiety and depression associated with anorexia and bulimia, post traumatic stress disorder, and chronic fatigue syndrome
Massage and Bodywork Services
Swedish Massage – A hands-on full body massage of medium pressure. Relieves muscle tension, stimulates circulation, increases serotonin levels, improves muscle tone and promotes total mind and body relaxation.
Deep Tissue Massage– A firm-pressure therapeutic massage. Helps alleviate pain, muscle spasms, stress, inflammation and tissue damage. Great for anyone with soft tissue problems that produce any discomfort or pain.
Sports Massage – A therapeutic massage that includes stretching and compression techniques. Rehabilitates soft tissue dysfunction that can result from physical labor, lifting weights or sports-related injuries. Promotes flexibility, reduces swelling, relieves muscle tension and alleviates muscle fatigue.
Prenatal Massage – A gentle massage geared to relieving the muscle cramps, spasms and pain often encountered in the lower back, neck, hips and legs during pregnancy. A pregnancy pillow, cut specifically for the mom’s baby belly, allows for safely and comfortably laying on the stomach during the massage session.
Pediatric Massage - Children can experience the great health benefits of massage, as well as adults. Studies show that pediatric massage can reduce anxiety, improve motor skills development, strength the immune system and improve overall behavior if received on a regular basis.
Seated Chair Massage – An efficient, fully-clothed massage that improves circulation, stimulates muscles and reduces tension in the back, neck and shoulders.
Notes About Your Visit
• First visits should arrive 30 minutes prior to treatment to allow time for an initial health assessment.
• We invite you to arrive fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled treatment so you can change and begin the relaxation process.
• We recommend that you leave jewelry at home and bring a contact case for your lenses.
• Appointments begin promptly.
• A 24-hour cancellation notice is greatly appreciated.
• Please turn off your cell phone to allow for a relaxing experience.
During your service if you like chatting, we’ll chat. But if you prefer to relax in silence, we want you to feel comfortable doing so.